Friday, July 29, 2005

Day Four: Sponsorships now available!

In order to help out some of the companies whose products I use/will be using in the new kitchen, I am now offering sponsorship opportunities to a select group of brands. Home Depot, I'd be happy to wear the orange apron for a few power tools. And I'll gladly pimp recommend this Bosch dishwasher to all my blog readers if I'm sent one to install. So leave me a comment with your information and I'll let you know where to deliver all the merchandise for product placement.

Day Four was a good renovation day. I not only took 540 pounds of garbage to the dump, but I filled the truck back up again, AND opened up the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. Yep, see for yourself (photo below).

The blue area shows where the opening will be once the header, cabinets and countertop are put in. You can faintly make out my hermetically sealed screen on the far side of the wall to keep the dust from invading the dining room, living room, and kids' toys. It has worked great so far. I'll even mention the brand of dropcloth for a few bucks. You will also see a sheet of drywall on its side... that's to keep the cats from coming into the work area. They're just not that strong with power tools.

The photo above shows the new opening from another angle. There was a little collateral damage to the lath and plaster on the dining room side, but not too bad, at least nothing I wouldn't expect. I also opened up the doorway that leads to the basement stairwell (photo below). Again, more drywall to keep the cats out.

And now we head into the weekend. Two full days of renovation madness. I'll be taking another trip to the dump, and then I may actually start constructing something. We shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home