Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day Forty Six: White haze, all in my brain.

***Splog update: because I still seem to be getting automated comments on the site, I've had to add "word verification" for comments being posted. Hope this doesn't keep you from continuing to contribute your feedback and positive reinforcements! More on word verification...***

Quick update on the first coat of joint compound... mission successful! Kind of in the same way that a banner on an aircraft carrier might indicate a mission was completed, but is really just the start of the challenge...

But enough about politics, let's talk home improvement. The first coat of joint compound has been applied and sanded. I've simulated what it looked like in the room while sanding...

While the power sander was, well, powerful, it definitely kicked up some dust. But the first coat is sanded, and the second coat of joint compound has been applied. Tonight is sanding the second coat, though I think we're going to forgo the power sander. It's just a bit too much power for the second coat. The texture variations and nuances of sanding by hand are going to prove beneficial in this second coat to minimize the amount of joint compound and sanding necessary for the final coat.

We're hoping to start priming the room by Saturday, and for the Indians to be in control of the AL Central lead by Monday.

2 Comments:

Blogger 2kool4skool said...

MARY STEENBURGEN??? Could you at least not pick someone 20 YEARS older than me? Like Mary Louise Parker? Or Mary Stuart Masterson? I mean, if it's a remake, at least cut us some slack.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Aloha MR & Co. - congrats on the progress thus far - but I'm just a little worried that your white hazed brain is clear whenever you work on your "other job" - although that might explain some of those "SL" colors on our key design elements! :) I'm headed to the great PNW - don't be surprised if I show up with tool belt strapped on low and a big claw foot in hand - I still like the demo part the best! Good luck and as we Euro car owners say - Motor ON! or "May your Nano Battery stay strong Always"

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home