Saturday, August 06, 2005

Day Twelve: Here's mud in your eye.

Got both a question and a comment regarding the cookies mentioned in yesterday's post. There's a photo of one above, though by the time you read this it will probably be in my stomach (the cookie, not the photo).

Today started with the delivery of the appliances. They were due to arrive between 9 and 11am, and they got here shortly after 9am. Here's the refrigerator (photo below).

I would take a photo of the inside if there was anything good in it, but there's only a bit of milk, some bread, a handful of comdiments, and that's about it. Oh, and a PBR. C'mon, I leave on Monday, no point in leaving a fully stocked fridge. And along with the fridge is the oven.

Look at that... five burner solid surface, with one of the burners apparently able to crank out 3 million BTUs (which I thought was only gas, but what do I know) which can boil water in less than a minute. At least that's what I think the sales guy said. I was off with the kids, so I might have misheard. But I do know it has a warming drawer. So extra pancakes will stay warm, or extra slices of pizza, or potato pancakes. Basically anything round and flat, it'll stay warm for a good while.

Besides the appliance delivery, today was finishing hanging the drywall, then taping and mudding it. For those not in the know, "mudding" means putting the joint compound on the seams and holes. Why it's called this I'm not sure, but it is. I'm sure you don't want to see the same photos as before with joint compound on them, so I'll only post up one: the new bedroom wall.

On the right side of the photo is what will be the closet. Also, I sealed up the doorway that used to lead from this room to the basement stairs (photo below). I can't tell you how many times today I went towards that ex-opening to go downstairs. I need to relearn my traffic patterns for the house.

And I started cleaning up a bit. The house is a disaster, and I leave in a day. So tomorrow will be putting a second coat of joint compound on the areas that need it, cleaning up the house, and organizing the new kitchen so it will be functional when everyone gets home, sans sink. Until tomorrow, here's where I've been drying my dishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home